On 05/12/2016 08:01 AM, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as part of the discussions we have had these days in Vancouver, some of the
> projects involved in the Geospatial track of the conference (mainly SIS and
> Marmotta) we have been discussing that we'd like to have a common space
> where discussing about common things. So far I do no see such common space
> for other topics.

> point for other communities (OGC, Eclipse LocationTech, etc).
>
> So, after discussing it with some folks here, I feel like bringing it up
> here is a good way to figure out how we can materialize such idea.
>
> Thanks in advance for all your feedback.

This absolutely needs to happen, and I applaud you for making it happen.
As Ross says, you can open a ticket with Infra, but I'll bet that if one
of you who is here in Vancouver approaches one of the Infra guys, you
can make it happen even faster. They're awesome and helpful.

I would also love to see some of our other project groups do a similar
thing. It's also a great point of engagement for people that are new to
our projects, who understand the technology areas, but aren't familiar
with individual project names..

The question that I would have would be where we can most effectively
promote these cross-project lists. I presume that each participating
project would list it on their mailing lists pages, but we'd also want
to have them on projects.apache.org. Where else?

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon