Hi ComDev,

I am a PhD student from the Univesity of São Paulo, Brazil. I've been
studying the range of outcomes of programs such as GSoC.

So far, we have created a model of what motivates students to enter GSoC,
considering both students and mentors perception.

Our next task involves investigating whether (or how much) participation in
GSoC addresses real needs of the communities, what is the impact of
mentoring to the communities (big and small), what is the impact of the
applicants' ranking and students' selection.

I could notice that some of you have similar interests and I would like to
help answering these questions so that the whole community can benefit from
the studies.

Best regards,

Jeff