Hi,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...under these definitions, I think ComDev should certainly have goals....

I think your analysis with goals, strategies and plans is spot on,
thanks for that!

Going back to Rich's list I'm fine with comdev having goals like the
following, in (my suggested) order of importance

> 3) Educate projects on the Apache Way...
> 4) Strengthen the bonds between projects and the larger Foundation
> 1) Increase community diversity.
> 6) Internal promotion and cheerleading.

I think strategy and plans don't belong to comdev as a whole, they
belong to sub-groups or individuals who launch specific initiatives
that help reach those goals.

To be concrete, I suggest

a) Working together as comdev to refine our goals using the above as a draft

b) Making progress towards those goals an integral part of our Board
reporting from now on (or 3P: Progress, Problems, Perspectives).

-Bertrand