yes, you are just being naive shawn how insightful of you darling

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 19, 2016, at 9:45 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckin...@symas.com> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 8:31 PM, Peter West <p...@pbw.id.au> wrote:
>
> The ASF has free software, freely produced by anyone who wants to put his or
> her hand up.  Talk about “diversity” is deeply divisive, and all of the BS
> that accompanies it is the antithesis of freedom.  It is the impulse of petty
> totalitarians who are determined to impose their views on others, and to
> marginalise and denigrate and demonise those who think…diversely. Need I
> mention Brendan Eich here?
>
> So keep this stuff out of the ASF, please.  You are free to pursue whatever
> other (non-software) obsessions you like in your own time, and those big
> software houses with their diversity departments will accomodate you at work.

Confused by this viewpoint.  Here we have a set of statistics (thanks Sharon)
that provides insight into the types of people that participate.  If that info
can then be put into use and expands our committer base beyond the typical into
the atypical we would then produce more/better software.  What’s wrong with
that?  I see only practical usages from this but maybe I’m just being naive?

Shawn