I, for one, thank Sharan for the itch she scratched, and compliment her on
the result.

Many talk politics (sharing their viewpoint) here in this thread, and
elsewhere in this community. If that is the itch that needs to be
scratched, then that is fine by me too...

But in the near future (when all has been digested) we must move on. The
first survey is a good start. But it should not be the end. How can we
improve community development when we don't measure regularly.  Coming to
the data collected has been (to me, sharing my viewpoint, divulging my
politics) a feel good exercise: discussions in public up front (to get
buy-in, to please the majority, the ones regarded as important, etc.)
followed by defending the why afterwards (and elsewhere).

So, to cut to the chase: who of the officers the ASF will sponsor the next?
Who will step up and say: 'I will have the executors back and you (the
executor) can concentrate on the tasks at hand without being distracted'?

Annually the ASF put in a lot of effort to provide the greater community
(3rd parties, sponsors, friends, however you want to call them) with an
Annual Report [1]. This kind of repeated activity belongs in the set of
means to provide insights in the Community (Development) section.'

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services