On 12/19/2016 11:39 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> 3. The survey was targeted at committers. Shouldn't we also find out who
> "uses" our software. After all, by-and-large, we attract our committers
> from our users ("who has an itch to scratch"). That is a primary point of
> "conversion" and if the selection pool is not much different from the stats
> that you have now collected... (yes, speculation) ... does that mean we are
> done? It is also much harder to reach that group.

Yes, that would be awesome. And, you're right, they're harder to reach,
primarily because we really don't know who they are.

Do you envision doing a survey per project (perhaps using the users@
lists?) or are you thinking of doing a Foundation-wide survey? That
would be quite an ambitious undertaking. Let me know how I can help you
in this effort.

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen