Hi,

I thought it would make sense to share the following story with the wider
Apache community (those who shared it with me are on CC and can potentially
provide more background should that be needed).

I believe this is one of those stories that are a datapoint in favour of
keeping all vital history of our projects (that is code, docs, decisions and
arguments exchanged) mirrored on systems we control.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 08:58:43AM +0200, Thoralf Klein wrote:
> the full story can be found here:
> https://blog.freeyourgadget.org/our-dmca-takedown-a-post-mortem.html
>
> There were also posts on heise.de and even printed in the c't. So I think the
> german geeks already know it...

If you think it's interesting beyond dev@community feel free to forward my info
to the appropriate channels/ lists.

Looking forward to your feedback,