Dear ASF Fellows,

I strongly appreciate all your replies. I believe there is no just one
correct answer. Which is why I need opinions of folks from other projects.

Myrle, Apache Ignite has 26 PMC members and 38 committers, so PMCs is a
subset of committers set.

About collaboration: I guess these contributors were communicating with
someone of community within a company they work for, in person/or,
probably, Skype. So maybe the code was good. And they became effective code
contributors without valuable communication on lists and without
contributing to the community.

Chris, About the subject: it is translated version of the argument I hear
about contributors, who are not often present on dev/user list.

So if a person does not like to communicate, let's say, afraid of
society/publicity, can he or she be a committer in Apache?

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov