On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 3:49 AM Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 7:02 PM Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org> wrote:
> >...it would be a mistake if ASF were to try to impose a more spammy
> > workflow to dev@ onto every PMC, as a requirement...
>
> FWIW I didn't suggest imposing anything like that - my only concern is
> that it should be possible to follow the action of any of our projects
> just by subscribing to their dev list.

That problem is not specific to GitHub. Are you equally concerned
about JIRA activity going to notifications@ and SVN activity going to
commits@ (especially with commit-then-review) ?

> Watching GitHub repositories is fine but some of our projects have
> many repositories and just finding out which ones to watch depending
> on what one's interested in can be problematic, IMO.
>
> -Bertrand

A weekly summary of active issues/PRs for all of that project's repos,
posted to the dev@ list might be useful, but it could also be too
large to be useful.

It might also be useful to contributors to have an automated monthly
email from INFRA to remind the project of all INFRA resources used by
the project, such as mailing lists, git repos, git mirrors, reserved
svn paths, issue trackers, Maven staging profiles, etc. That way,
newcomers can be made aware of all resources in use by the project (in
case they missed that info on the project website), so they can have
an opportunity to subscribe to them as they choose, or ask questions
about them on the dev@ list.