Dear Issac,

As I mentioned earlier, with the introduction of ALC, any existing
things will not be affected, instead, it will open the doors for new
great opportunities.
My kind response to your concerns is already included in this mail
thread and links shared above.
We will surely have various positive impacts from the ALC activities. :-)

Thank & Regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org