On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 at 17:49, Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> wrote:

> > However this does not solve the issue of stale download pages: how do
> you know when a release version is no longer supported?
>
> What do you mean?
>
> Is there a requirement for that that I missed? I believe the
> requirement is only about removing artifacts from "downloads.a.o" and
> this is a completely different issue.

That *is* what I am referring to.
In order to remove artifacts from downloads.a.o, it needs to be
established whether or not the release is still supported.

If a release does not appear in any download page, then it is a
candidate for removal (unless it is brand new).

However if it does appear as a link to downloads.a.o in a download
page, that does not necessarily mean that it is still a supported
release.

This is because projects don't always keep their download pages up to
date, especially where there are individual pages for each release.

For example, Airflow has download pages for 2.2.1 and 2.2.0; these
both link to files on downloads.a.o.

I suppose it is possible that there are plans to support updates to
2.2.0 separately from 2.2.1, but that seems unlikely, assuming that
the project uses semantic versioning or something similar.