On 2/4/22 11:03, Dave Fisher wrote:
As I understand the ASF governance there are:

1. Project Management Committees -> Projects. For example: Apache Logging.
2. Products which are named artifacts from projects. For example: Apache Log4J
3. Releases which are released artifacts of a project’s product. For example:
Apache Log4J 2.17.1

The word "Product" means something different to many consumers of software. We don't have products in that sense. We have projects and sub-projects.

I seem to remember struggling with this specific naming decision when the projects.a.o site was first put up.

That said ... patches welcome.

But on the https://projects.apache.org website the corresponding three items
are called:

1. Committees.
2. Projects.
3. Releases.

I suspect that this “confusion” is due to a combination of the split of the PRC
committee and the former time of supper projects like Apache Jakarta.

This ought to be adjusted somehow because it leads to misunderstanding about
responsibility.

All The Best,
Dave