Hi!

while the classical ASF communication culture is pretty squarely
centered around mailing lists it has become apparent in recent
years that some of our communities (especially younger ones)
prefer using alternative channels of communication. The range
is pretty wide from Slack to Telegram and WeChat (and I have
even heard of an occasional TikTok use ;-)).

The question that originated from one of the board meetings and
the one that I'd like to pose for this forum is basically: what's our
collective advice to these communities on these alternative (and
when I say alternative I really mean anything but a mailing list)
communication channels?

Personally I don't think denying them is a viable strategy, but I'd
like to open up this discussion and see what others think.

So... let's at least start with folks sharing their experience with
these alternative communication channels: the good, the bad
and the ugly.

Personally, I don't think I have much to share -- I'm still very
much a mailing list guy when it comes to ASF.

Thanks,
Roman.