I'm involved with Transposit (transposit.com), where they're creating a
DevOps orchestration hub, including very strong Slack integration since
more and more orgs are using Slack as their primary communication mechanism
over e-mail and anything else.

With my Apache NetBeans hat on, if we in the Apache NetBeans community were
to be working in Slack, we'd be able to use Transposit to send incoming
issues to Slack, prioritize and assign them there, while also automating
our release processes from Slack, e.g., call a Slack command to initiate a
release with buttons for the release manager to click to initiate the
actions that require human intervention.

Transposit is interested in making itself available for free to Apache
projects, which will make sense once I've explored the potential completely
and set up a few stable runbooks for the Apache NetBeans community.

However, all this is predicated on scope for Apache communities to work
with their Apache projects in the same way as they work with their projects
at the places where they work -- via Slack.

Gj