Von: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Datum: Freitag, 30. Juni 2023 um 11:11
An: dev@community.apache.org <dev@community.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Changing the defaults for GitHub generated email titles?
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 9:50 AM Christofer Dutz
<christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:
> ...I had many discussions with folks at infra about changing the defaults,
> but generally
> met opposition. The general argument was, that there would be bots that
> automatically
> consume these emails and these would be confused if we changed the defaults...

That's a totally valid concern IMO, but there might be two ways to
change the defaults:

a) change for all lists which don't have specific settings
b) change for newly created lists from now on

If b) is possible I think that's much safer, and ideally projects can
opt-in to switch existing lists.

> ...Quite a number of projects have adopted these settings:
> Like StreamPipes:
> https://lists.apache.org/list?d...@streampipes.apache.org:lte=4M

This looks nice to me, which is unsurprising, as people know I'm a big
fan of Tags Everywhere ;-)

-Bertrand