On 2023-06-30 19:41, rbo...@rcbowen.com wrote:
On Fri, 2023-06-30 at 13:55 +0000, Christofer Dutz wrote:
   *   About breaking automation projects might have set up: I would
absolutely doubt there is even a single Apache project that has setup
automation based on these emails. I could imagine that there is a
hand full of companies paying attention to them, but in this case, I
would suggest optimizing for community and not these companies.

Yes, we absolutely should prioritize our own project communities over
companies. I didn't realize that we were concerned about *companies*
doing this. They can update their tooling.

My two cents: Ask the projects if the change would break things for them or not. It is likely that no one will complain.

Infra originally chose not to globally change the format out of an abundance of caution, but that does not necessarily mean it is forever set in stone. We just need to find out what is up and down here.