You need to check out the branch, and make sure that your example
project has the activity declared:

 <activity android:name="org.apache.cordova.camera.CameraActivity"
                  android:label="@string/app_name"
                  android:screenOrientation="landscape">
</activity>

Sadly, there's no way around this step, which is why I tried fixing
the state issue first. :\