Yep, got it working by adding that line to the manifest. My impression is
the same as Simon just said. The stock Camera on 4.2 is really nice, so
taking this away is a bit sad. I understand the motivation behind wanting
this when other stock cameras are buggy though, and there are certainly
many apps out there that have their own cameras in them. So... if we could
make this a plugin, apps that want a custom camera could pull it in and
tweak it to their needs, but I don't think it's the right long-term play.