So if I back up for a moment and look at the bigger picture, it looks like what
you are going for is to make it easier for Cordova users to pick up plugins,
either base ones or third-party ones. There are many ways to do that, providing
precompiled code is one way.

If I were to step into the shoes of a relatively new Cordova user who wanted to
pick up a plugin for my app, I don't think the compilation is difficult enough
to warrant some workaround such as providing libraries. My [admitedly, limited]
understanding is that as a Cordova user I always need to use the device SDK to
build my app. Therefore the compiler is right there and it's not difficult to
invoke (i.e., iOS always needs compilation).

While still in the shoes of that Cordova user, what appears to be more
challenging in that role is figuring out what files are needed, where to put
them, and what to edit (i.e., config.xml). Basically, getting the environment
and content setup for the SDK to run against. After that, running the
SDK/compiler is easy. So for this difficulty, the kinds of helps could include:
- docs: overall on how to install/remove plugins, and plugin-specific docs on
their specific requirements/quirks
- tooling: a CLI (i.e., plugman) that could make it as easy as npm
- verification: help me as a user understand if the plugin is in there
correctly, (i.e., smoke test or something like 'rpm -V')

tl;dr: IMHO, those three things listed above is where we should put our effort
to make plugins easier, then see where that gets us. I think it will drive us
the furthest forward. Then go back an reevaluate whether or not to provide
precompiled libs to see if it truly makes life easier for the user, or if it
complicates life for the user.

The library idea is neat, it ought be captured in Jira while these other things
are worked on first.

-- Marcel Kinard