I'm working on our prototype for automatic installation of Javascript from
plugins in cordova-cli. We already have installation for native code and
non-JS www assets. I don't see anything to be gained from precompiled
libraries, since a user of Cordova already has the device SDK in place and
is using either our scripts (cordova build, bin/emulate, etc.) or
Eclipse/Xcode/etc. to build the deployable application.

Switching to libraries loses us transparency for bugfixes ("make this
change in some/plugin/File.java and see if that fixes your bug") and error
messages, and it's not like we've got closed-source products we want to
make sure people can't read.

Braden

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com