Can I just ask a question about this?

Is the config.xml supposed to be compatible with build.phonegap.com at all?

I ask because I could see a scenario where you might want to use the cli tools,
but still utilise build.phonegap.com for other platforms (or even for the ones
supported by the cli).

If the cli config.xml is "build" compatible, it makes sense for it to be in the
www folder so that the www folder can go straight to build.phonegap.com.