I don't think we need to decide on an App Store name yet. Repo name sounds
good though.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>wrote:

> Alright, I want to get this project started and we need to settle on a
> name.
>
> No one has made a compelling argument against calling the app "Cordova."
>
> Proposed name:
>
> - App Store name: "Cordova"
> - Repository name: "cordova-app"
>
> Here are my reasons:
>
> 1. We naturally refer to it as "The Cordova App" in casual discussion

We haven't though. Sounds quite ambiguous to me since Cordova is a
framework for building apps. "The Cordova App" --> which Cordova app?

> 2. There are no plans for any other app, making this "The Cordova App."

There already exist a bunch of similar apps by other people the. E.g.
"Cordova Browser"

> 3. Most OS's limit the name length, so "Cordova XXX" will likely be too

Good point here. This is easy to test on iOS by creating home-screen
bookmarks from safari. Couldn't get any of the names I liked :(.

> 4. All Cordova app examples (e.g. Hello World) are prefixed as
> "cordova-app-xxx"

I think the name's fine, but wouldn't this be an argument for calling it
"cordova-app-cordova" :P