The BlackBerry team has said on this list that they are rewriting
everything for BlackBerry 10.  They haven't shared any of the code yet but
have warned that it is a complete rewrite.  I am expecting it to be about
the same support (or more).

I think the issues are still valid as I can't imagine much changing when
they rewrite everything.

BlackBerry can chime in with more information.