Hey Joe - not sure what happened, but would love to know what errors you're
now seeing.

Looks like the tagging of Android didn't go quite right:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=log;h=df1536ea77e97b7d362a19582f8beddd168c5ec3

There shouldn't be a merge commit (I don't think anyways), and the tag
points past the branch head. Did you forget to push the 2.9.x branch?