I don't really think we need this feature:

(1) We already have plugin's which support dependencies.  Combined with the
plugin repository, this means your alias feature is equivalent to creating
a do-nothing plugin that specifies its dependencies.

(2) Also, we will soon have a way to specify application template (ie,
replace "hello world"), which combined with plugin dependencies for apps,
means that creating mobile spec will be as easy as `cordova create
PATH_TO_MOBILE_SPEC` and adding platforms.

-Michal