On Tue Sep 3 10:47 AM, Braden Shepherdson wrote:
> Agreed with Michal. There's actually a third option coming too: we want
> apps
> to be able to name dependencies. So you should be able to copy
> in the mobile-
> spec app, then `cordova plugin add` or whatever the
> syntax becomes, and it will
> install all of the app's dependencies.

I'm less a fan of 'app dependencies', lots of frameworks and ways of thinking
about how to organize an application. Is this a W3C, HTML5 standard?
To me this feels like Cordova would be defining what an app 'is'. That's fine
for PhoneGap or Chrome apps but not necessarily for Cordova, at least the way I
view the project.

Agree with all points of Michal except:

(1) We already have plugin's which support dependencies

Dependencies imply those plugins are 'required', that's not the same use case
as an alias which just expands to a bunch of plugin names.

An alias would make it easy to add plugins with 'no deps' attached. I would see
this as part of the plugin repository discovery. Maybe people could register
their own 'aliases':
plugin add @cordova-stuff
plugin add @chrome-stuff
plugin add @phonegap-stuff