Thanks for the clarification. BlackBerry happened to luck out because we
expect config.xml in www.

Perhaps copying of config.xml should become a responsibility of the
platform parsers.

I can understand moving config.xml to root or cordova for the reason stated
in the JIRA, but my vote would be to keep it "config.xml" rather than
"app.xml".