On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org> wrote:
> I am strongly opposed to splitting into one file per platform. We want to
> support <platform> tags in config.xml, which will allow platform-specific
> content within the single config.xml.

Agreed.  I'm not sure if Android actually supports this.  We should
probably write some JUnit tests against a multi-platform config.xml to
test this and make sure that our parser actually works well.

> There are good reasons why the CLI moves the config.xml on some platforms.
> On Android, it's really easy to load XML files from res/xml/foo.xml, so
> that's where we put it. We should be deleting the
> platforms/android/assets/www/config.xml though, since it's an unused
> duplicate and confusing.

+1 on this as well. The problem is that the documentation covers the
PhoneGap Build use case and the CLI use case, but not the stand-alone
use case.  We should document the stand-alone use case, since that's
really for people who are detail-oriented, and are using things such
as the CordovaWebView component.