Okay, I've finally got time again to focus on this. I'm fine with skipping
an RC announcement this time around. I'm pretty confident that the current
state of 3.1 is better than 3.0 :).

Docs & upgrade guides look great! Thanks Marcel.

I've just tagged 3.1.0 for JS+MobileSpec+HelloWorld. I think all that needs
to happen now is for all platform owners to update their JS snapshot again
and push a "3.1.0" tag.

I'll work on a release announcement in the meantime for everyone to review.