Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think we should move files around automatically because it could
mess with people's source control.

I think using old versions of CLI with newer projects can't be supported,
but we can certainly (and I think have been) supporting using newer
versions of CLI with older projects.

Searching up until you find a cordova.json (or .cordova) sounds like a good
way to find the root.