On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:
> I feel the comments there are not really constructive or fair. Cordova
> changes too much? Sorry, static code means bitrot aka abandonware.
>
> We work on Cordova because we are improving it for the many thousands of
> our users whom appreciate that. I don't need to tell you guys that but 1.8
> was a mess compared to 3.x and if you are only updating YOUR userland
> source once every 2 years and you don't expect it to be come with
> problems?! The bugs found usually are not introduced by us but with Xcode,
> iOS, or Android and we are FIXING those things with updates.

Dude, this is the #1 complaint I get from everyone who uses our stuff.
 Our users don't have massive dev teams to deal with the changes that
we do.  Often, the same dev who is working on the PhoneGap app is also
doing the backend work, most likely maintaining some broken-ass Rails
2 system, and probably works stupid long days for mediocre pay, or
equity in a startup which may never ship anything.  We can't solve
those problems, because most of those are probably poor life choices,
but we should be able to tell people how to migrate from old and
broken to new and mostly working and point out some pain points.

That said, I think that having an LTS is absolutely stupid given that
six years ago, Mobile wasn't really a thing, and two years ago,
Jellybean just started to exist.  Perhaps when mobile starts to slow
down a bit more, this might make sense, but I highly doubt it.

> Docs are a problem but as they say patches welcome. This is the sort of
> entitled complaint that lead me off that list.

These still are our users, and they're probably the majority of our
users, whether we like them or not.  I don't like these people, but
their complaints aren't totally without merit.