Closer than ever to resolving this (woo!)

The file plugin is now able to read & write to roots on the filesystem
beyond PERSISTENT and TEMPORARY on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry (and maybe
others?)

However, you still can't query for the location of these places (doh!)

There's a file-extras plugin in cordova-labs:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-labs.git;a=blob;f=file-extras/fileextras.js;h=1f8f88f7222bd4022f2f802f6825c189b10445d9;hb=aaf61d4

That was used to experiment with an API for this. I think the API is pretty
much fine, and I'd like to add it to the core file plugin rather than have
it as a separate plugin.

This would add:
cordova.plugins.file.getDirectoryForPurpose(purpose, options, win, fail)

Where purpose can be one of:
var Purpose = {
     'data': 0, // General application data (default)
     'documents': 1, // Files that are meaningful to other applciations
(e.g. Office files)
     'cache': 2, // Temporary files that should survive app restarts
     'temp': 3, // Files that can should be deleted on app restarts
     'app-bundle': 4 // The application bundle (iOS only)
}

And also add convenience wrappers:
cordova.plugins.file.getDataDirectory(syncable, win)
cordova.plugins.file.getDocumentsDirectory(win)
cordova.plugins.file.getTempDirectory(win)
cordova.plugins.file.getCacheDirectory(win)

Any comments on this?