You cannot install a module globally with a default install of Node. This
isn't really a Cordova issue but one of taste. Some people like to isolate
their systems and not install modules globally. Indeed, this is probably a
good practice. We could point the way in the docs but we do not want to
change our install instructions to something that will fail by default.