"How do I install Cordova?" is a problem that we should address, I think.

That said, broken by default is no good, and if someone has taken the extra
step to learn to use nvm, then they are probably fine to know that they
don't need sudo.

Installing locally is definitely still a path we could explore, but I don't
think it's on anyone's priority list to look at that I know of.