I thought tap was just a format for reporting test results?  I think the
problem is that we have some poorly written tests and the framework is not
recovering well.  Any reporting format is orthogonal (unless perhaps the
bug is specific to the jasmine-html reporter, but I'm not sure there is any
evidence of that).

That said, writing well behaving async tests can be difficult, so I would
hope any test framework would do better to defend against that.  Perhaps
tape is better.  During the big test migration I evaluated mocha (BDD
style) as a replacement for jasmine-2.0 since the test definition format is
really similar, but it had a silly limitation that made porting some tests
difficult: no support for async describe() blocks, and could not nest it()
blocks as a workaround.  I don't recall the specific plugin(s) which had an
issue with this.

-Michal