Our policy has historically been to drop support if usage is under 5%.
There some amount of leeway in judgement here as well: is it trivial to
continue support or causing us pain?

For iOS, 5% of usage comes from iOS6 or below as reported by
https://developer.apple.com/support/appstore/.  I'd venture and say thats
almost all iOS 6, which puts us right on the border.

That said, the support story for cordova is: all existing apps continue to
work, if you want to target the older platform you can continue to use an
older cordova-ios, so I think we can be bold here.  1 more month of iphone
sales and itll be <5% usage for iOS6 ;)

-Michal