My customers still need iOS 6. Specifically the ones in the Asia-Pacific area.
The feedback we are getting from there is that end users hold on the devices
for longer periods than compared to North America / Europe, and they are also
less likely to perform os upgrades even when available.

Not all areas of the world behave the same.

My team can help with iOS 6 testing, we have devices here. If there is not a
technical reason to remove iOS 6 support, my preference is to keep it in a
while longer.