Lucas wrote:
>My path was via http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow.
>I read that and hit all the links except for the one labeled "Work on an
>issue”,
>which leads to http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/IssueWorkflow, which has
>the information I needed.

Ouch.

>I didn’t hit that “Work…” link because performing the work was implicit
>in doing a git checkout and modifying the source tree,
>which I knew how to do without hitting that link.

Arg, you're right.

>My error could be considered a discoverability problem in the “Work on an
>issue” list item.

Agreed.

> It might be rewritten as “Get to know _Issue Workflow_."

I've updated that page. Please try to forget what you've read in this
thread and revisit the page.
If that's too hard (most people are bad at forgetting stuff), see if you
can find a friend to walk through it.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait and see if someone else stumbles again.

Thanks very much. From my perspective, you've just provided a great first
contribution!