Though it would be great if Google would/could patch all the WebViews on
the older phones, and people can argue all day about how poopy it is and
whatnot. I am curious how much the actual exploit harms a majority of
cordova apps.

If I am missing something please let me know but from what I can tell the
exploit is triggered via some kind of harmful code being executed inside
the webview. This could come from a button click, or link to some site, or
maybe somehow someone spoofs a trusted source and actually delivers code
from a bad source. Something like that. I would think most cordova
applications are self contained sites. So all the requests end up pulling
local html/js files from the device. Injecting some kind of bad code into
the application isn't really an option here without some other kind of
hackery.

So is it fair to say if your application is not linking html/javascript
related material there isn't much of a concern here? If you are linking
externally or maybe using the in app browser, it is potentially bad but
only if the site your linking to was compromised somehow. Which then makes
me wonder how the heck did the site get compromised...

Anyways I may be totally off here so if anyone is more educated in this
area please correct me.

thanks
-ross