Well, I think we NEED to support third-party WebViews as a first step.  If
I don't hear any objections, I'm going to merge 4.0.x into master tomorrow,
and start a discuss thread for the 4.0.x release.  I believe all we really
need to do right now is make sure that the CookieManager issues are
resolved (without a Factory please, we've gone 5 years without using that
Java anti-pattern).

As for the WebView, I don't want to inherit one, but at the same time I
don't really want to rely on Intel and XWalk.  This is definitely an
internal conversation that I'm sure is going on (or should be going on) at
all our workplaces right now, and I'd be interested in hearing what
people's thoughts are about having the "One true WebView".