I want to revisit this.

So cordova-android has a dependency now on cordova-common. It is a
bundledDependency so when we generate a tar to release cordova-android, it
will be included. It will also be in the cordova-android package that gets
downloaded with cordova platform add.

This is fine for released work, but more annoying for development. I need
to npm link cordova-common into cordova-android (and soon every platform
which implements common platformAPI). We could check in cordova-common into
cordova-android but that isn't a great solution either.

I agree that we should be going towards smaller modules and not having a
case of cordovaLib1, cordovaLib2, etc. I think this is still going to be a
work in progress and will take some time.

For the interim, I recommend we publish cordova-common. Of course, continue
to add it as a bundledDependency so users don't need to npm install it with
released packages.