On Jul 7, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts
> so
> that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone
> is
> free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.0.0/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.0 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.0/
>
> Happy voting,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm -1 on these artifacts.  View group
compaction is broken.  The couch_view_group server calls couch_file:delete/1 to
try to remove the current index file when the compaction is complete, but that
function does not exist anymore - it's been replaced by couch_file:delete/2,
which takes the root directory as the first argument.  The process will crash,
and will continue to use the old uncompacted file when it starts up again.

It looks like we don't have a test for view group compaction.  I'm pretty busy
at the moment, perhaps someone else wants to take a look?  It could be modeled
off of the compact.js test for DB compaction.  Best,

Adam