Hi Norman,

  I took a peek at multiview. I haven't followed this too closely on the
mailing list but this is *view intersection*? Is there a 5 line summary of what
this does somewhere?

  I'm curious as to why the daemon needs to be a supervisor, most if not all of
the other daemons are gen_servers. OTP allows this but I think this is a good
area where some CouchDB guidelines on plugins would apply.

  It strikes me that views, the use of map/reduce, etc. are one of the trickier
aspects of using CouchDB, particularly for new users coming from the SQL world.
People are also reporting issues with performance of views, I guess often
because reduce functions go out of control.

  I think the project would be better served if features like this were
available as plugins. I would put GeoCouch in the same category. Its very neat
and timely (given everyone wants to know where everyone else is using their
telephone but without talking other than asynchronously), but a server plugin
architecture that would allow this to be done cleanly should come first.

  This is just my opinion. I'd love to see some of the project founders and
committers weigh in on this and set some direction.

Best regards,

Bob