No, _local docs shouldn't replicate. The value of MVCC in _local docs
is to allow reconciliation in copies of the same database, where
redundancy is being added under the covers.

Can you start a separate thread for your _meta proposal? It's a
interesting thought but it's out of scope for both threads you've
raised it in.

B.