On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 08:48, Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org> wrote:

> No, _local docs shouldn't replicate. The value of MVCC in _local docs
> is to allow reconciliation in copies of the same database, where
> redundancy is being added under the covers.

To be clear, _local docs do obey MVCC semantics, but do not keep a rev tree
and thus do not support merging divergent histories. Multiple versions are
not kept available even when they're in conflict. They have a _rev and they
do get rejected with conflicts, you just can't access ?new_edits=false style
merging.

I'm in favor of giving them a full rev tree.