On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> Oh right. Not entirely certain how fixable that's going to be.

>>> Where the commit hashes in current git.a.o are different from the test repo.
>
>        Are the tree hashes expected to be different? (i.e. did we rearrange
> the contents as well as the commits?)  The more similar the code is, the
> easier it is to prove where things have drifted apart.  I can perhaps help
> with that if someone can point me to a couple of repos and the expected
> outcome.  :)
>
> --
> dustin sallings

Basic story is that I translated the git.apache.org mirror script to
Python and made some tweaks (that shouldn't affect hashes) but the
hashes are apparently different. Original mirroring script is at [1]
and my Python version is at [2]. Feel free to ask questions about
either.

I haven't dug into this but my fear is that the revisions are
calculated based on something non-stable. Whether that's the git-svn
version or SVN state I dunno. Hopefully its as silly as a typo though.
I'd be interesting to hear about anything you find.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/git/
[2] http://friendpaste.com/13B0LEy9ZQAGOybTWJzJJQ