Från: Jan Lehnardt [mailto:j...@apache.org]
Skickat: den 31 januari 2012 21:42
Till: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Kopia: Laszlo Boszormenyi
Ämne: Re: backport of couchdb

Hi Laszlo,

On Jan 31, 2012, at 21:24 , Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First, I'm an official DD and the maintainer of CouchDB.

Pleased to meet you and thanks for weighing in on this discussion :)

>> As for the back porting, Debian doesn't directly manage any packages.
>> Everything has a package maintainer who may or may not be part of the
>> Debian staff, so it really does land on the maintainer. And I don't
>> see how you could back port fixes from, say, 1.x.x to 0.x.x.
> Let me ask an other way. Is CouchDB expected to change a lot
> internally?

I think it is. The question, I think, is how much end-users will be affected by
these changes (upgrade trouble, incompatibilities etc.) We are doing our best
to not break BC (according to semver.org) and make upgrades seamless and well
documented.

> What about helping downstream with security fixes?

where downstream folks can subscribe and get notified about impeding releases
as well as security notices. Would that be a good first step?
What else could we do to help you downstream?

> When CouchDB 1.2.0 is expected to be released?

We are expecting to call a vote in the next few days (pending release manager
time). As per our process, it'll take 4-5 days after the initial call for
voting to get the release out (if the votes don't go through and if issues are
found, this process is reset).

Let us know if you have any other questions and thanks again for helping out!

Cheers
Jan