Note to the list. I am flagging this thread as something to distill into
our community guide. I think it's important we talk about this somewhere
that is a little less easy to loose than a mailing list post. (And
unfortunately, it is not clear in the main ASF doc that we mirror things to
the mailing list because it is a requirement that committers subscribe to
it.)

--
NS