Benoit, I said I thought we have three options:

1) Ignore them
2) Discourage them
3) Embrace them

At the moment, we are doing 1.

I have made a proposal that would have comments on PRs being sent to the
list. And I am hoping this helps to convince individuals to start doing 3.
But I my proposal makes no explicit changes to policy, or whatever.

When you say rejecting them, I presume you mean posting a comment on the PR
saying "we don't accept contributions via Github. Please follow [URL] which
explains how to submit a patch." I believe this is option 2, or a variant.

I think this would be bad for the project. And if we were going to do this,
I would actually suggest we just get rid of the Github mirror. It seems
damaging to have a mirror there if all we're gonna do is reject PRs sent to
it.

What I would like to suggest, however, is that if you feel strongly about
this, you start a separate DISCUSS thread, and you set out your proposal in
some amount of detail, and try to get consensus around it.

Please note, my tone might be a bit bullish at time, but I don't get to
tell anyone what to do. If this is something you feel strongly about, then
you should go ahead and try to build up consensus around it.

I would note, however, that it does not conflict with my proposal. (The one
we're discussing in this thread.) So, I think the two things are separate.
And you have voted +0 on my proposal. So unless someone votes -1 in the
next few days, I am hoping that we can get comments sent to the mailing
list.

I guess if you manage to get consensus around your idea, then those comment
notifications go away anyway. But I would like to keep the two
topics separate. Without wanting to shut down your idea or whatever.

--
NS