Hi all,

I just sent this report to the ASF board:

DESCRIPTION

Apache CouchDB is a database that uses JSON for documents, JavaScript for
MapReduce queries, and regular HTTP for an API.

RELEASES

   - 1.2.2 (4th April 2013)
       -
http://www.apache.org/dist/couchdb/notes/1.2.2/apache-couchdb-1.2.2.html

   - 1.3.0 (24th April 2013)
       -
http://www.apache.org/dist/couchdb/notes/1.3.0/apache-couchdb-1.3.0.html

CURRENT ACTIVITY

   - Work is underway to merge in Cloudant's BigCouch fork which will add
     clustering capabilities to CouchDB.
   - Work is underway to merge in Cloudant's Fauxton overhaul of the
     CouchDB admin interface.
   - Work is underway to merge in parts of BenoƮt Chesneau's rcouch fork
     which improves the build system.
   - Work is underway to improve our test suite with a view toward making
     it more stable.
   - The documentation donation from Couchbase was merged in and shipped
     with CouchDB 1.3.0.

The docs are also available at:

    http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/

The project is undergoing an expansionist phase. The PMC is
focusing onbolstering the committer base, and the committer
base is focusing on bolstering CouchDB. As part of this, we
are also conducting several restructuring exercises. These
include: recruiting more committers, re-enforcing expectations
around consensus building and decision making processes,
re-evaluating our Git workflow, and switching to regular
time-based releases. These exercises are going very well
so far.

We have established consensus to have GitHub pull request
comment notifications sent to the development mailing list.
This will be an experiment. Our goal is to increase the
visibility of important activity that is happening away
from the lists. Our success criteria will be increased
activity and attention to contributions coming in from
GitHub. We will re-enforce the primacy of the mailing list
for development discussion and decision making, and will
keep a watchful eye for any issues.

COMMUNITY

Including the following additions, CouchDB has 27 committers and 9 PMC
members.

New committers:

    - Dale Harvey
    - Wendall Cada
    - Alexander Shorin
    - Ryan Ramage

No new PMC members.

Mailing list stats:

   - announce
       - 56 subscribers
       - 2 messages since February
   - user
       - 1456 subscribers
       - 1,057 messages since February
   - erlang
       - 105 subscribers
       - 14 messages since February
   - dev
       - 601 subscribers
       - 2,006 messages since February
   - commits
       - 101 subscribers
       - 959 messages since February

ISSUES

No issues for the board at this time.

* * *

Thanks to Noah & others for helping compile this.

Best
Jan